Welcome to our webpage. The Governing Body of Irlam Endowed is made up of a variety of volunteers who represent different sectors of the school and local community. The governors will regularly update this webpage with their latest news.
The current governing body are as follows :
|Governor||Date Appointed||Term of Office||Role||Responsibility||Committee||Governance Role Elsewhere|
|Jill Da Costa||31/12/2011||On going||Head Teacher Governor||Head Teacher||
School Improvement Environment
|Shellie Gartside||14/09/2015||4 Years||Community Governor||
School Improvement Environment
|Merry Degg||01/09/2014||4 Years||Staff Governor||
|Beverly Greenbank||01/11/2011||4 Years||Parent Governor||
Quality of teaching working party
School Improvement Environment
|Emma Illsley||26/08/2013||4 Years||Associate Governor||
|Barrie Golden||27/09/2019||4 Years||Parent Governor||Health & Safety||
|Cathe Watson||25/03/2021||4 Years||Co-opted Governor||
|Jess Wilcock||19/03/2021||4 Years||Parent Governor||
SEN, Dismissal Appeals, Pupil Discipline
|Philip Bradley-Smith||07/02/2022||4 Years||Parent Gonvernor||
|Martin Johnson||07/06/2021||4 years||Foundation Governor||
They meet several times over the course of the school year, and the Governing Board has the following core strategic functions:
Establishing the strategic direction, by:
- Setting the vision, values, and objectives for the school
- Agreeing the school improvement strategy with priorities and targets
- Meeting statutory duties
Ensuring accountability, by:
- Appointing the headteacher
- Monitoring the educational performance of the school and progress towards agreed targets
- Performance managing the lead headteacher (where delegated)
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Contributing to school self-evaluation
Overseeing financial performance, by:
- Setting the budget
- Monitoring spending against the budget
- Ensuring money is well spent and value for money is obtained
- Ensuring risks to the organisation are managed
It would need to be clearly minuted that an Associate Governor would have voting rights on the committee they were serving on.
Please click on the link for the Irlam Endowed Governing Body register of personal, pecuniary or business interests.
Please click on the link below for the Terms of reference for:
School Improvement Committee- Terms of ref school imp 18.docx
Environment Committee- Terms of reference Environment 18.docx
Finance Committee- Terms of reference Finance 18.docx
Personnel Committee- Terms of reference Personnel 18.docx
Please click on the links to see the governor meeting attendance statistics for last complete school years - 2015-16, 2016-17 & 2017-18
Click the link below for the Irlam Endowed Governing Body Constitution.
How Governors have been supporting school.
Spring term 2023:
- Governors supported school through the Section 8 ofsted inspection.
- A new trust governor was appointed – Reverend Rob Jackson is the new vicar at St John’s church and he was welcomed as a John Greaves trust representative.
- The departmental governors met with their phase staff in school and discussed the latest school development issues.
- The SEND governor attended local authority SEND training
Spring term 2023:
- The full governing board was involved in the appointment of the new Headteacher and monitored the handover transition period.
- One governor on the personnel sub committee attended the safeguarding training.
- The finance sub committee approved a financial checklist and reviewed the school fund audit.
- Governors approved the 23-24 staffing structure and budget projection
- Governors reviewed the interim school development plan
- The governors have taken steps to recruit a new trust governor.
Spring term 2023
- We have advertised, interviewed and appointed a new Headteacher for Irlam Endowed. The new Head will start after the Easter break on the 17th April 2023.
- Governors have attended some safeguarding training and some pupil premium training.
- The three Departmental governors attending meetings with the staff in school to look at their latest data and updates on their action plans.
- The governors have supported the sports activities in school
Spring term 2022
- Governors supported head with staffing restructure
- New governors had a tour of the school, as now allowed to visit school again
- Governors approved the 2022-23 budget
- Governors carried out the Headteacher’s appraisal
- Governors approved several new curriculum policies and extended their knowledge of subject leadership.
- A new parent governor was appointed in February 2022
- Full Governing Board meeting – 25/11/21
- The three departmental governors have been into school to attend their departmental governors termly meeting. The governors were involved in discussions about key departmental issues, the impact of covid and the departmental action plan for 21-22.
- Several governors renewed their safeguarding training.
- The governing board has representatives for all the main key roles. This includes a safeguarding, looked after children, health and safety and SEND governor.
- New class governors were appointed
- Governors supported consultation on reading records and parent comms
- New Health and Safety governor appointed with overview of H/S management and liaison link governor with the local authority.
- Chair of Governors attended EYFS Reform training
- School based governors attended Safeguarding Refresher training
- Governor vacancies were all filled. Welcome Martin Johnson as new Foundation Governor, Catherine Watson as the new co opted governor and Jessica Wilcock as our new parent governor.
- Full governing board meeting
- Chair of Governors completed EYFS Curriculum Reform training
- Two new governors appointed to the Governing Board. A new elected parent governor – Mrs Wilcock and a new co-opted governor – Cathe Watson.
Spring 1 - 2021:
- Formulation of new re-opening risk assessment. Emergency governor meetings to finalise arrangements.
- Chair of Governors completed training on SEND and Inclusion.
- Fortnightly update meetings – information on pandemic and impact on school.
- School Improvement and Environment sub committee meeting.
Autumn 2 – 2020:
- Continued to consult with Headteacher on school re-opening risk assessments.
- Attended relevant training
- Carried out Headteacher’s performance management with school inmprovement officer.
- Considered and approved new policies
- School budget and spending review.
Autumn 1 2020:
- Continued to review re-opening risk assessments
- Visited new facilities at school
- Approved budgets and targeted spending
- Support school in developing a post covid impact statement and recovery plan.
- Pay panel has reviewed teacher appraisal and progression through thresholds. Completed Headteacher appraisal.
Autumn term 2020:
- Mr Golden visited the Muga pitch to speak to Mr Scrutton about the new facility and the plans for leasing to community groups.
- Governors have continued to meet virtually over this term to discuss important re-opening issues, risk assessments and policies.
- The governors are contributing to the Post- Covid Impact Statement being written by the school and the resulting post covid action plan for 2020-21 and beyond.
Summer term 2020:
- The governors met on teams fortnightly during the school closures/lockdown to discuss policies and re-opening plans. All the meetings were minuted and evidence the discussions which took place.
- The chair supported the Headteacher and school throughout the lockdown, as key liaison, as the Head was shielding.
- School Improvement Sub-committee meeting
- Environment Sub-committee meeting
- Departmental Governors attended departmental meetings with school staff.
- Two governors completed the Mental Health First Aid training
- One governor attended the 3 day Deep Dive in Reading training
- Governors attended a school data and ISDR review meeting.
- One governor completed the NSPCC Safer Recruitment training
- Three governors attended the Headteacher appraisal review and target setting meeting.
- Two governors completed the statutory safeguarding training.
- Departmental governors attended the EYFS, KS1 and KS2 departmental meetings to support their development plan discussions. Governors fed this back to the full governing board.
- Governors attended the School Improvement and Environment sub committee meetings.
- SG & LA met with interim senior leadership team to discuss Headteacher’s role in succession planning and continued professional development by mentoring.
- Full governing body meeting. New parent governor will be recruited in Autumn term 2019.
- The governors of Irlam Endowed have had a busy term attending full governing board meetings, as well as finance, personnel, environment and school development sub committees.
- They have also managed Headteacher appraisal reviews and Quality of Teaching working parties.
- The Chair has supported recruitment of a Newly Qualified Teacher and appointed an internal TLR post.
- The governors continue to support the events in school, and some governors are also on the PTA.
Spring Term 2019
- 28.2.18 – Finance and Personnel sub-committee meeting. Items discussed included the new staffing structure, projected budget, financial management plan, performance management and capital spends.
- The governors have monitored the implementation of the financial audit action plan.
- February 2019 – Chair of Governors completed Financial SFVS audit with Headteacher, and this document was submitted to local Authority.
- January 2019 – Governors attended health and safety update sessions.
Autumn Term 2017
- Governors attended a meeting with Ofsted and the feed back session.
- Lucy Ainsworth and Shellie Gartside attended school to go through the QWTP with The Headteacher.
- School improvement and School Environment committees where held on Thursday 8th March