Admissions and Appeals
For information about Irlam Endowed's admissions and appeal arrangements, please visit Salford's website: https://www.salford.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools-admissions/apply-online/
Salford Education Authority Admissions Policy
Admissions are organised by the Salford Admissions Team. They will try to meet parental preferences for schools but it is not always possible to do so.
Places in schools are limited by the physical space in the school. Each school has an admission number which is based on it's size. If the number of pupils requiring places at the school exceeds the admission number then not everybody will be successful in obtaining a place there. This is what is meant when a school is said to be 'oversubscribed'.
If a school is oversubscribed the places available will be allocated according to the following admission criteria:
- Medical reasons - If claiming medical reasons, parents/carers must provide evidence from their doctor that their child has a medical condition that means that admission to that specific school is essential.
- Special educational needs - Children whose statement of special educational needs stipulates that specific school.
- Children in need - Children in need as defined by the Children Act (1989).Those who are unlikely to achieve or maintain or have the opportunity of achieving or maintaining a reasonable standard of health or development or a child whose health or development would be impaired without the provision of services by the local authority. Applications under this criterion would need to be supported by an appropriate professional stating that attendance at a particular school is essential. This includes children in public care.
- Older brother or sister in attendance at the school at the date when the pupil is to be admitted. This includes step-children and foster children living with the same family at the same address.
- Attendance at an associated primary school - Each school has a group of associated primary schools.
- Distance from school - This would involve the measurement being made between the child's permanent residence and the preferred school in a straight line. Those children who live closer to the school will get priority for places.
Applying for a place
Irlam is on the boundary of the Salford Education Authority. When applying for a place you must complete the Salford online Application form for entry.
If you are applying to Year 7 and would prefer school outside the authority you must complete the Salford Education Authority forms and the LEA will notify the relevant school.
You can contact the Salford Schools Admission Team on Tel: 0161 778 0415
Irlam Endowed has adopted the Salford Admissions Policy, so please click the link below to read the current details in full.
|Irlam and Cadishead College||MacDonald Rd, Irlam, Manchester, M44 5LH||Tel: 0161 775 5525|
|All Hallows RC High School||Weaste Lane, Salford, M5 5TH||Tel: 0161 736 4117|
|Oasis Academy: Media City||Prestwood Rd, Salford, M6 8GG||Tel: 0161 736 2637|
|Walkden High School||Birch Rd, Walkden, M28 7FJ||Tel: 0161 975 8000|
|Wentworth High School||Wentworth Rd, Eccles, M30 9BB||Tel: 0161 789 4565|
|The Swinton High School||Sefton Rd, Pendlebury, M27 6JU||Tel: 0161 794 6215|
|The Albion High School||London Street, Salford, M6 6OT||Tel: 0161 921 1230|
|Moorside High school||East Lancashire Rd, Swinton, M27 0HB||Tel: 0161 794 1045|
|St Ambrose Barlow RC High School||Shaftsbury Rd, Swinton, M22 5SZ||Tel: 0161 794 3521|
|Buille Hill High School||Eccles Old Rd, Salford, M6 8RD||Tel: 0161 736 1773|
|Salford City Academy||Northfleet Rd, Peel Green, Eccles, M30 7PQ||Tel: 0161 789 5359|
|St Patrick's RC High School||Guilford Rd, Eccles, M30 7JF||Tel: 0161 789 4678|
|Harrop Fold School||Hilton Lane, Little Hulton, M28 0SY||Tel: 0161 790 5022|
|Urmston Grammer School||Newton Rd, Urmston, M41 5UG||Tel: 0161 748 2875|