Check this page regularly to see our latest school improvement targets and successes.
During the Autumn term of 2013, we will be working alongside pupils, parents, governors and cluster school to enhance the following at Irlam Endowed:
- Having high expectations of our own ability and showing our best work.
- Improving the spelling knowledge and techniques of all our pupils. Ensuring they can spell important words they use every day.
- Encouraging a love of books, reading for pleasure as well as a purpose. Introducing the pupils to the wealth of books available in our own newly refurbished library as well as local libraries.
- Encouraging the younger children to write lots. Making it part of experiential play and learning. Improving their ability to write complete sentences.
- Introducing French days each half term. Pupils will be learning their topic in French on those days.
- Remembering the importance of manners.
- Making sure we have the best transition between key phases.
- Remembering how to use the internet safely.
- To use our fantastic EYFS outdoor provision to promote learning, especially early writing.
PROGRESS SO FAR ….
- All staff had e safety training and discussed e-safety with all classes.
- Lots of assemblies about books.
- Teachers had training on how to improve writing through topic work.
- EYFS teachers looked at other outdoor play areas to share good practice.
- Each year group has been given a list of important key words which they must learn to spell and read by the end of the year.